About Monitor 360
Monitor 360 is not an ordinary analytics company, or an ordinary software startup. At the core of our unique solution is a rapidly emerging technology category called Narrative Analytics. This unique human-in-the-loop technology, where human analysts work in tandem with the most powerful artificial intelligence algorithms, goes beyond basic NLP techniques like sentiment analysis, text categorization, etc.
Narratives are underlying beliefs and attitudes that drive human behavior. In commerce, politics, and society, media voices are multiplying, facts are losing their currency, and narratives are filling the void to drive people’s attitudes and behavior. Global corporations and foundations contend with narrative challenges that pose great opportunity and also existential challenges to their business models. These organizations need new ways to change the conversation, build their brand and reputation, and understand and activate their customers. We are the only company to bring a robust data-driven solution to the analysis of narratives. Our growing customer list, including Citibank, HPE, Microsoft, Starbucks, WB, State Street Global Advisors, Mars, General Mills, Pfizer, Charles Schwab, PG&E, VMWare, The Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, and more, all provide validation to our unique approach. .
At Monitor 360 we have 10 years of experience with qualitative (human) analysis of narratives and have deep in-house expertise of how to identify, analyze, structure and understand narratives in news and social media. We marry that qualitative expertise with deep expertise in NLP and machine learning (deep learning, LSTM, etc.), to bring scale, efficiency, and new insight to our long-standing methods. Through this process we deliver a more nuanced, complex and valuable set of insights to our customers than traditional NLP and analytics companies. This vast knowledge and background in narratives positions Monitor 360 as a market and thought leader in this emerging category that delivers the richness of insight of traditional research, with the scale and efficiency of social
We are a revenue-generating start-up, backed by respected investors. We are looking for high-energy team members who embody our values of drive, generosity, exploration, and joy.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Senior Python Full Stack Engineer is responsible for building the tools, which make up the Narrative Analytics™ technology platform.
Protagonist is the only technology platform to leverage machine learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning to identify, measure, and shape the Narratives that drive behavior.
This position is based in our driven and joyful San Francisco office.
In this position you will:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 4+ years experience in software development, using Python
• 2 years Postgres (or similar) SQL database programming
• 2 years with Angular, Gulp, Flask web stack
• 1 year using Docker or Vagrant
• 1 year using Elasticsearch
• 2 years experience with platform components and REST APIs, to define platform interfaces and boundaries
• Experience creating a loosely coupled, services oriented design that can scale for large volumes of data
• Experience supporting extensibility, to plug new modules or services without requiring re-design
• 2 years experience working with, and enhancing, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) environments.
• Experience with Open Source Software around data processing and persistence
• Experience working on pipeline framework
• Strong estimating and planning skills
• Should have worked on Agile scrum or kanban methodology
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, with annual generous performance bonuses, employer-paid 401(k) contributions, and an extensive paid time off policy.
Compensation & Benefits
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. No relocations, please. You must be eligible to work in the U.S., without employer sponsorship. We are an equal opportunity employer.