About Monitor 360
Monitor 360 is the Narrative Analytics™ and strategy company. Our A-list clients include Charles Schwab, PG&E, Salesforce, VMWare, The White House, and the Gates Foundation. Monitor 360 is a revenue-generating start-up, backed by respected investors. We are building upon our success in providing strategic counsel to government agencies by growing our staff and bringing the Narrative Analytics approach to solving complex business problems to new markets. We are looking for high-energy collaborators who embody our values of clarity, generosity, exploration, and integrity.
The Monitor 360 Analyst has a passion for using data to derive insights that leads to innovative solutions for our clients. The Analyst delivers high quality, innovative Narrative Analytics products, and helps ensure client satisfaction that leads to repeat business. The Analyst has a special combination of strong analytical skills; the ability to translate analytic findings into meaning for our clients; strong communications skills (written and graphical/presentational); and great organizational skills to work on projects with many moving parts. They are enthusiastic, creative and resourceful in using technology and data to develop new approaches to solving complex problems. Reporting to the Director of Analytics and Insights, the Analyst collaborates with colleagues across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze and synthesize data, identify and visualize insights that answer key client questions, and craft compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Creatively utilize a variety of tools, technologies, and methods to provide information and insights
- Take ownership of delivery tasks, collaborate closely with teammates to deliver the highest quality product most efficiently, proactively suggest alternate approaches to deliver projects more efficiently and effectively, and work with teammates to coordinate project activities
- Surface and articulate narratives and create visually appealing final products
- Apply new tools, technologies, and innovative methods that address client needs and create efficiencies and economies of scale
- Collaborate with Sales and Client Engagement teams on sales efforts as needed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues to effectively and consistently deliver value to clients
- Keep abreast of industry trends, to help identify both business development and product growth opportunities
- Embody Monitor 360’s Values:
- Drive: Our passion for excellence and impact
- Exploration: Pushing the boundaries of data science and storytelling
- Generosity: Empowering each other every day
- Joy: Finding exhilaration in the people and the process
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong academic credentials; MA/MS a plus
- One or more years experience in a research or data driven field such as economics, sociology, marketing, business analytics, psychology, political science, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong professional relationships with staff and a wide range of clients
- Passion for helping clients, and for solving problems (both clients’ and ours)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and excellent presentation skills, with a sharp attention to detail and the ability to synthesize multiple data sets and communicate complex concepts in a visually appealing format
Strong combination of data savvy and business thinking
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of a previously unfamiliar topic
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a love of innovation
Able to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
Flexible and able to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to meet deadlines
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment full of complexity, ambiguity and change
- Familiarity with a range of analytical concepts (such as natural language processing, content similarity analysis, social network analysis, and sentiment analysis)
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our diversity.